Saturday, April 5, 2014

Introduction to Sociology/Politics

summary

Politics is the process by which groups of people make decisions.

*Types of Governments                                  

-Monarchy
supreme power(called a monarch) absolutely or nominally reign over people often for life or until abdication in this form of government.
It was a common form in the world during the ancient and medieval times.

-Democracy
The right to govern or sovereignty is held by the majority of citizens within a country or a state in this form of government.
therefore, freedom of vote, freedom of political expression, freedom of speech and freedom of the press are essential.

-Totalitarianism
Totalitarianism
this form of government is a political system that strives to regulate nearly every aspect of public and private life.

-Oligarchy
A small elite segment of society distinguished by royalty, wealth, family, military or religious hegemony reign over people.

-Communist State
the Communist party is usually granted a special or dominant role in government by statute or under the constitution, even though some communist state have several legal political parties.

-Theocracy
Theocracy is a form of government in which a god or deity is recognized as the state's supreme civil ruler, or in a broader sense, a form of government in which a state is governed by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as divinely guided.

opinion

 nowadays bad various cases are more common in politics. So, I was reluctant at first.
However, if you think about it , I seem to have a mind that evade politics while learning sociology.
it is contradictory thinking because politics is the basic element that occurs as soon as society is created.
I also realize that I do politics now .
so, I have had many thinking when I summarize Types of Governments.
in particular, when summarize democracy and oligarchy, l think about the case of South Korea.
South Korea may be oligarchy that be recognized as democracy in my thought.
and, I also have confidence about this opinion whenever I see figure that suppress freedom of political expression, freedom of speech and freedom of the press
This is only a personal thoughts, but thinking of others may differ , but I think that many of the people of country  should participate in politics.


question  

How to join a political wonder what?
What we should do in order to activate the politics?

and we should think about attitude to accept wisely opinion of politician.

1 comment:

  1. Your summary is similar to my summary! I focused on types of government, too! But I want your summary have more contents.
    And I believe that in order politics is enabled, citizen' s participation is important. So it' s based on democracy!

    ReplyDelete